The Great Escape

The  Great Escape
freedom

Thursday 27 September 2012

I can see clearly now the rain has gone (almost)

Near Moreton hall, Cheshire                                                                                        


After  three days of almost continuous heavy rain and high winds, I woke early this morning to the sound of...no rain. I saw through the porthole that a mist lay over the fields but the sun was trying to shine through, and some areas of blue sky were visible. So I slipped on my dressing gown and quickly popped out onto the tow path and snapped off a few pictures before the mist burned off. It was absolutely beautiful, although chilly! Only the cows were around to witness me in bare feet and nightwear thank goodness.

The water was so still, as no boats were moving around this early and the only sounds were birds, and cows lowing in the field. It is rare, in my busy city life to experience moments of peace like this. It was a privilege.

No comments:

Post a Comment