The Great Escape

The  Great Escape
freedom

Sunday 8 July 2012

Tails of the unexpected!

The Wedgwood  factory and visitor centre at Barlaston
Water stop at Etruria junction

A heavy day yesterday coming back through Stoke on Trent and back down to Barlaston, but just beyond the city centre, I saw the strangest thing. Looking into the water as I went along, a small branch was sticking up and on it was a small round, mud coloured disc about the size of a tea plate. As I drew level, a pair of beady eyes looked up at me, showing an orange throat, and into the water slipped a substantial terrapin! Not native to British waters, I suspect it was once a pet that got too big or aggressive for the terrarium which had  been released to take its chances in "the wild". They're fierce little creatures I've heard. Watch out ducks!

At the end of a long day....

No comments:

Post a Comment